Lights for Guppies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richard8791

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All,

I was just wondering how long each day I should but the light on for I can also have white or blue and which is the best colour to use?
Thanks in advance.1

6-10 hours is a good start. Buy a timer so that the lights are running in a consistent pattern.
Blue or white? Whatever looks best to you.

6-10 hours is a good start. Buy a timer so that the lights are running in a consistent pattern.
Blue or white? Whatever looks best to you.
Hi,

Thanks for the info i already have a timer which is currently set for 7am to 6pm so I will reduce the time.

It's just me, but I'd adjust the time so the lights are on later in the evening... Just so I could enjoy the fish more when I'm home. My guppy tank actually gets about 12 hours of light with the moon lights running the other 12 hours.

Tank Lighting

Hi All,

I was just wondering how long each day I should but the light on for I can also have white or blue and which is the best colour to use?
Thanks in advance.1

Hello Rich...

Fish aren't particular about the intensity of the lights, just how long you keep them on in the tank. Most fish you get at the local pet stores come from tropical places and are used to long hours of daylight. 10 to 14 hours is average. I put my tank lights on a timer set for 12 hours on and 12 off. This seems to be about right for the fish to reproduce normally.

B

It's just me, but I'd adjust the time so the lights are on later in the evening... Just so I could enjoy the fish more when I'm home. My guppy tank actually gets about 12 hours of light with the moon lights running the other 12 hours.
Hi,

Thanks for the advice but I work most evenings so not an option for later in the evening, also where can I get a moonlight? And roughly how much are They?

Regards
Richard
Hello Rich...

Fish aren't particular about the intensity of the lights, just how long you keep them on in the tank. Most fish you get at the local pet stores come from tropical places and are used to long hours of daylight. 10 to 14 hours is average. I put my tank lights on a timer set for 12 hours on and 12 off. This seems to be about right for the fish to reproduce normally.

B

The hood that came with my tank had moon lights built in. I imagine you could get some from Amazon though.

Back
Top Bottom