'''Lights Lights Lights'''

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weeztankx

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok guys I am looking for some good info on lights because I am not light savy but I want to be. You fellows have given me some grate links on sumps and such..... Now I need some on lights!
Edit..... I am hoping this will be a reef tank one day!

Well, in order to help you, we need a little more information.

What size is the tank? (gallons and dimensions)
What type of corals do you want to be able to keep?
Do you have a budget?

It is a 75g tank that is 48'' and 24'' high but that is to the top of the lid to the top of the gravel to the top of the water it is like 20-21'' this tank is also 17.5'' wide. I would like to keep are corals if possibe not later down the road find one I really like and not be able to get it. No budget here I have on money tree out back that makes me super rich haha J/K! Yeah I have a budget that this tank will be over according to the girlfriend lol. No for real I am buying this stuff slowly over the next 2-3 months or more since it looks like I am going to spend more then I thought so if a really good light is like 200-275 more then the other it is not that big of a deal. Now I can't spend like 700 on a light. I might of went over board on this on but I would like to stay under 500. Thom thinks that this light would work good. T-5 Aquarium Lighting: Nova Extreme T-5 Fixtures w/Lunar Lights Anythoughts? Sorry guys I should of gave you this info before thankx for your time and support!

Seems like a good system to me even though I have never used it. T5HO is a good way to go.

My boss' wife just bought that system and they like it. The issue is if you want the hanging brackets, they have not been able to decide on how to package/ship them so right now you are stuck with using the feet, which shouldn't be an issue.
It also has a built in timer, so you don't have to buy a separate time.
That system is HO only and not VHO, but with the MH that really isn't an issue for your tank.

said he didnt wanna spend 700 bucks.. that system that weez posted is 849.00 only reason is say this is that i am looking to turn my 90g into a reef tank. and i too am on a tight budget due to my penny piniching wife. and the fact that my 2nd child is on the way.. just looking for a good enter level light kit to start with

The difference between the Pro and the other one, the Pro doesn't have the moonlight LED (no big deal to me) but has better legs and each bulb has a contoured reflector.

Tho, I know, I used to have the regular one. I like this one a lot better.

Yeah 800+ is way more then I am going to spend! I am going to do some real intense shoping in the next few week. Right now I am leaning towards the light Thom picked out!

Back
Top Bottom