Lily Pipe for Canister Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Austin.b

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have never heard of the lily pipes but I just Googled them. They look really neat, what exactly sets them apart from any other pipe or hose? Is it just for looks?

If you don't get any help here, you might PM fort384. He used a couple canisters with lilly pipes on his planted tanks and might have some idea.

christine2012 said:
I have never heard of the lily pipes but I just Googled them. They look really neat, what exactly sets them apart from any other pipe or hose? Is it just for looks?

Yes, just for looks:)

mfdrookie516 said:
If you don't get any help here, you might PM fort384. He used a couple canisters with lilly pipes on his planted tanks and might have some idea.

Ok, if this thread doesn't work out I'll PM him. Thanks mfd!

I've got a custom set on my Eheim canister. I think the main thing is that the tubing and pipes fit really well. You can use clamps for security but don't rely on clamps if the hoses are loose.

See what exact size the filter hoses are and buy correctly sized pipes.

There is an inner and outer diameter on your hoses.

I use an Eheim Ecco 2232 on my rimless 10g

Austin.b said:
Yes, just for looks:)

Planted tank people use them also for tanks using injected CO2. Lack of surface agitation keeps more CO2 in the aquarium.

No CO2 at night and some run an airstone at night. So fish can breath better.

Coursair said:
Planted tank people use them also for tanks using injected CO2. Lack of surface agitation keeps more CO2 in the aquarium.

No CO2 at night and some run an airstone at night. So fish can breath better.

Yes, but I really don't want to get into inline diffusers. Im content with my Rhinox1000 :)

I don't run an air stone at night, it tends to splash water everywhere.

Coursair said:
I've got a custom set on my Eheim canister. I think the main thing is that the tubing and pipes fit really well. You can use clamps for security but don't rely on clamps if the hoses are loose.

See what exact size the filter hoses are and buy correctly sized pipes.

There is an inner and outer diameter on your hoses.

I use an Eheim Ecco 2232 on my rimless 10g

How did you get a custom set? Where would you order one? Lol I personally would not trust clamps...especially when there's an electrical outlet behind the tank :eek: lol

Austin.b said:
How did you get a custom set? Where would you order one? Lol I personally would not trust clamps...especially when there's an electrical outlet behind the tank :eek: lol

How did I get a custom set ?? Magic !

Actually, I posted on my Club Forum and asked for what I could use instead of glass. There are acrylic sold on EBay. But then a member piped up and offered to make me a set. I posted a pic, he got swamped with orders. He cut everyone off by a certain date as he had something else to do called : School. We love his work, but he is not selling outside the club yet.

Try EBay or Google seach for plastic or acrylic Lily Pipes or try terms like canister filter outflow pipes.

Back
Top Bottom