Looking for a Truvu plastic cover for tank..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sergiotorr

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys! Im looking for a new plastic cover for a 55 Gallon TruVu plexi glass tank. ill post a picture of what im looking for instead of trying to explain it lol. I bot my tank used and the cover it came with was bulged because the owner had his light setup on top of the plastic cover.

hard to tell in the pic. Does it attach and on a hinge, or is it just a piece laying over the top?

If it's just a piece of plastic you can get plexi or lexan at your local hardware store.

Oh, and moving this to general hardware forum.

If it's hinged, its most likely a part only replaceable by the manufacturer. Google turned up nothing for me (which is why I'm assuming you asked here). Can you just take it off? I prefer my tanks to be open on top anyways.

No worries about moving the thread! But it sits over the top to cover the tank from heat getting out. It's a plastic cover or I think plexi glass since the tank is the same material. But lol I used google for 30min and nothing popped up lol. Hmmm I doubt my hardware store will have anything like that but it won't hurt to try ;-)

Yea those acrylic covers bend/droop after a while.

You can go to any acrylic store and have them cut you a sheet to specific size. Make them cut it out of a 1/4" acrylic sheet. Thicker cover won't droop.

Sweet! I'll keep an eye out for a acrylic shop if not I'll see if my LFS can order me one! Thanks for the heads up guys!

Back
Top Bottom