Love my new aquaclear, what sized for other tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
well their really isnt a good spot to put this because its about both SW and FW tanks so....
I got a aquaclear today...my first one and I havnt had it but maybe 2 hours and have already vowed to upgrade my filters on my 10 planted and 5 nano (when money permits that is) so what sizes? I know they give you recomendations but I was just currious if if really mattered which ones? I was thinking a 10 for my 5 nano reef, and a 20 for my 10 planted? (i put a 50 on my 29gall fowlr) ...? Thanks

That sounds about right, but I'm more familiar with the old size designations for the AC's....I have a 70 (old 300) on my 55, and what used to be called a 200 on my 10g planted, which is a little strong, but I turned it down and it seems about right. So if the 20 is the old 150 that should be perfect for the 10g planted. For the nano reef you could probably go one size up as that way you'll get more flow.

I love the Aquaclears....great filters and I have yet to kill one. I just wish they didn't change the numbers as I always get confused when I go to buy more media!

I have a 110 on mine 10 gal , makes a nice fuge( easy mod) , wave maker and makes current through whole tank , without any powerhead .

Back
Top Bottom