Magnum 350 Filter will only fill halfway, can it still be used?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skullbotrock

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So as the title says, I'm having trouble maintaining the water level in the filter. I replaced all o-rings/gaskets and followed the manual's troubleshooting advice. I also tried removing the blue filter fabric and the bio-balls as a test but it made no difference.

Any other suggestions on how to fix the water level? If not, is it fine to use if the level holds steady at 75%?

0vb5gfdmd6221.jpg

Are you sure you’ve connected the correct tubing for the in/out flow? Lifting a tilting the canister often helps to get the air out.

Is there a difference between the two sets of tubes? They look identical

Technically, no. Just the fittings at the ends of the tubing (slotted intake vs curved output). But if they are connected backwards, then it may draw in air from the output and fill the canister chamber.

Ah ok, I assume you are talking about the ends of the hoses that connect to the canister? I just looked at them now (without taking the hose clamps off) they both appear to be round.

I'm no canister expert but I *think* Freah means the curved output end

Is attached to the output *hole* on the top of the canister & the slotted straight input is attached to the input hole on the top of the canister

Back
Top Bottom