Making Water Movement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itafx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to get a nozzle that will squirt water around near the substrate to keep down the mulm bild-up. I have never used anything but bubble up and hang on filters, so don't know anything about power heads, connections, nozzles, etc - where to get, what kind to get, should the power head be inside the tank and submerged or outside, etc? Anyone experienced who can summarize how to get something going in this area?

That is an easy fix. Your LFS should carry PHs, just have a look and see if you can find one that will fit in your tank. I don't think you are going to want too much flow but some will help you out. I would suggest a submerged PH that goes right down on the bottom where you have the problem. Not knowing how big your tank is but assuming it is FW I would expect that a maxi-jet 600 would do the trick.

Ziggy953 said:
That is an easy fix. Your LFS should carry PHs, just have a look and see if you can find one that will fit in your tank. I don't think you are going to want too much flow but some will help you out. I would suggest a submerged PH that goes right down on the bottom where you have the problem. Not knowing how big your tank is but assuming it is FW I would expect that a maxi-jet 600 would do the trick.

It's FW. Sorry to be so dense, but I looked at a picture of the MaxiJEt 600 and I don't understand how it works. It looks like it's not submersible. I was thinking of something I'd burry 3/4 of the way in the substrate and have a jet poking out that would shoot water around. Can you help me understand how these things work a little more?

itafx said:
It's FW. Sorry to be so dense, but I looked at a picture of the MaxiJEt 600 and I don't understand how it works. It looks like it's not submersible. I was thinking of something I'd burry 3/4 of the way in the substrate and have a jet poking out that would shoot water around. Can you help me understand how these things work a little more?

Marc118 said:
You could look into making an under gravel jet system.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/ug_jets.php

That's a fabulous article! That's exactly the sort of thing I had in mind. Thanks for the link!!!

Back
Top Bottom