Marine land vs aquaclear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NiGeR1986

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys, Now throughout my 8 years in SW tank Keeping. Ive been through a lot of filters. And to be completely honest i have always been a complete Marineland guy. You know the Penguins, but mostly and Mainly the Emporer Filters. Cause they Kick BuTT. Iv just recently thought about open up my options and thought about getting a couple of the Hagen Aquaclear 70's for my 75 gallon? Now the only Hagen products i have used were the Fluval series. I have never used an Aquaclear. Since im working at the LFS. I always notice that we use the Aquaclears on our quarentine tanks. And iv done quite alot of reading on them and have heard many good things. SO i know that ppl here use them so im just trying to get a response. MAYBE IF NEONE HERE HAS USED BOTH EMPORER AND AQUACLEAR I COULD GET SOME FEEDBACK. APPRECIATE IT. ALSO MY Boss at work wants to sell me these filters. Iv only heard of them once or twice. but i know that you people that have been in SW 10 years and counting should know them well hopefully..lol they are from MarineLand im pretty sure and they are called "SUPERKINGS" Now he had two of them on his 125 and he says that they are really really good. I know that they do cycle 600gph which is kikn tha crap outta ne filters we got at our store. But boy are they ugly. They look like a homemade filter but all i care about is how good they are for filtering so please if anybody has info first hand or not let me know on both please. Greatly Appreciated!!!!:silly:

Nobody wants to TOUCH this one.....?? Im suprised nobody's got an opinion on this one

I use Fluvial, so I have no experience with those.

Normally I will take an Aquaclear over Marineland any day, no questions asked, but I have not see/heard/used a "SuperKing" before...

I have an AC20 that hasn't been used except for to remove the sandstorm after I added sand (tank not in cycle yet). So I don't have enough xp to really give an opinion yet.

I have never used Marineland but I would highly recomend the Aqua clears. I've tried many filters, I stopped looking when I found the aquaclears. I have them on all my tanks.

Sweet thanks guys. Well iv since tried out a Aquaclear 110. And im sticking with my Emporer400. Nothing compares in my book. I however do love HAGEN because on my 150 im running 4 fluval 405's. Fluvals are def the cream of the crop for canisters.

Back
Top Bottom