marineland c-360

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willy1094

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,
This may be a really dumb question but I'm new to canisters. I just picked up a c-360 a couple of weeks ago for my 125gal and noticed that they do not have a shut off valve on the two lines. Does this thing have check valves built in so that when I take the top off it will not allow water to syphon back? There is nothing in the paper work I got (or at least that I could see) that says one way or another.

Also, I'm running two tetra 30-60's with this filter. Should this be all I need for this size tank? So far the water is crystal clear. If it matters I have at about 1" each: 3 angels, and two gold sevrums. About 2" each: 3 catfish, 2 plecos, and 6 garami. About 4": 2 peacock eels and at about 6" a feather fin cat.
Thanks for the help.

Hey I've got one of those and it does indeed have a shutoff valve, did you get an earlier model or something?

I know this is an older thread but wanted to see if you had a similar thing happening with yours, and why start another thread....

Mine spits bubbles all the time and if you shake it a bunch of air comes out. I an using a water-based lubricant on the seals (aquaphor - i put it in my nostrils when my sinuses dry out, and I've used it for years on my Magnum 330 without issue). It seems that air gets by the seals, do you have this issue?

Mine didn't come with any silicone lubricant so that's what I use.

Mine also makes a slight but noticeable hum. What about yours?

Yeah, I figured the shut off out. If you pull up the tab on the top, it shuts both lines off. :rolleyes: As far as bubble, mine starts off with air for a few days after opening it up or replacing media. I can get more bubbles/air if I shake it but only when I shake it. Mine does have a small hum but no where near as loud as my whisper 30/60. My air pump is also louder. I did have a friend that had issues with air and louder operation but quickly discovered that she had put it too close to her air bubbler and was being drawn into the system. I still love mine and hope to buy another one soon.

Back
Top Bottom