Marineland emperor 400

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crusch

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is anyone using this filter? Was wondering how noisy it is?

The king of all HOB filters IMO, I have the Emp 400 on my 30 gallon freshwater tank. I used it for a 55 gallon saltwater for some time and it worked wonders. The extra trays are great to load with carbon or the media of your choice and to me the bio wheel is the single most easy biological filtration possible.
(next to live rock of course)
Very very quiet.

The king of all HOB filters IMO, I have the Emp 400 on my 30 gallon freshwater tank. I used it for a 55 gallon saltwater for some time and it worked wonders. The extra trays are great to load with carbon or the media of your choice and to me the bio wheel is the single most easy biological filtration possible.
(next to live rock of course)
Very very quiet.

Wow, that's great I read some reviews that said it was kinda loud. Thanks for clearing that up

The only way it's get a tad loud is if you let the water evaperate a couple inches from the top and the water from the filter hits the tank water kind of loud. However this in the case with just about any HOB filter.
They're great filters though, really.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom