Marineland skimmer breakin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dpaulmann

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought a Marineland pro 100 6 days ago. Anyone tell me a timeline that I can expect this to start producing skimmate? The instructions say 4-5 days. I read online a lot of people have said it takes a month. Right now adjusting it is difficult, it's either foaming over or a few inches below the top. Know it's early but I bought an eshopps a while back for my other tank and it started working after 2 days. Collection cups kind of a pain too. I bought it for the small footprint. Should I wait a while or return for a different one? I'm afraid if I wait more than 2 weeks my Lfs won't take it back. Any thoughts?

I've found it takes about 2 weeks for a skimmer to break in and start producing good skimmate. I think for that model skimmer the adjustment is the real pain. But from what I've read once you get it tuned then it's a decent skimmer. Try just adjusting it a tiny bit at a time and then leave it for a few hours.

Hi Thanks for quick reply, I'll give it some more time and take your advice. I tested my Nitrates and they are between 0 and 20 ppm so I guess that would have something to do with it as well.

Hi, I have the same skimmer and Carey is right, It took about 2 weeks and the adjustment is very touchie, But once you get it set it works great, You also want to keep the water level in your sump at a constant level or you will be adjusting it all the time. Here's a pic

Back
Top Bottom