Marineland Stealth Pro Issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eyring2210

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had my 3 month old heater break on me this week. It stopped holding the set temperature. It was heating to about 10 degrees hotter than the setting by the time I unplugged it. So I called Marineland, expecting a little difficulty, told them the problem and the response was "we are out of the 300 watt heater until September..." I immediately thought "oh great here we go." I was very suprised to hear the complete statement of " what we can do is send you two of the 200 watt model!" No fight, no argument, just purely awesome customer service! THANK YOU Marineland!

:BIG:

Hate that you had the trouble, but at least they are doing right by you. Thanks for sharing.

they are great at doing right by the customer but.... i have lost my faith in the stealths.

Great customer service to make up for a bad product. Productions runs sometimes do go wrong, or there may be a design flaw in that model. It happens. At least they are making up for it instead of playing games.

I prefer titanium heaters plugged into a controller. I got the Ranco dual controller and have two heaters plugged into that.

aint those the best heater around?
in my mind they were. though there been some changes with in the country. the pros are a new design also. i am glad i stocked up on the older ones. maybe new ones ill have to go back to the regular marineland heaters that will work.

in my mind they were. though there been some changes with in the country. the pros are a new design also. i am glad i stocked up on the older ones. maybe new ones ill have to go back to the regular marineland heaters that will work.

i rather use these heater than the glass one.

I would think twice about that statement....They have held all outgoing shipments after they finally admitted there was a problem with the stealth pro models. Some of them overheat your tank, there are a few that even burst.

I would think twice about that statement....They have held all outgoing shipments after they finally admitted there was a problem with the stealth pro models. Some of them overheat your tank, there are a few that even burst.

glass heater tend to burst/break/crack more than Stealth.

i keep big fish, with a glass heater its not so safe.

i got a glass heater that i use for my 55 gallon, a 250 watt ... i set it at 72 and it still goes up to 82. the light on the heater keep lighing up.

I have used glass heaters for the last three years and have yet to have a problem with them. Only up until a few weeks ago did I switch the one on my 20g out, but that was because it was a 150w and I wanted to downgrade to a 100w, so I chose a Stealth Pro. If they are withholding shipments, there is more than likely a design flaw in the newer models. Not discouraging you from buying, just be careful and watch them closely, so far I've had no problems, and I hope I don't.

Back
Top Bottom