Marineland Timer not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marconis

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought a Marineland timer for my frog tank the other day. I have used these timers on all my fish tanks and never had any issues. The Petsmart I got it at is about 40 minutes away from my apartment, so I can't return it any time soon. Might as well try to fix it. The problem is that the dial doesn't turn because the little switch on top doesn't "click" in to the timer option, and even for the non-timer side I have to move it really hard for it to work. Has anyone experienced this, and how did you fix it?

Thanks

I own three of them, one of which does exactly what you are talking about and doesn't work. The other 2 work fine. I think they must have bad QA or something... 33% fail rate seems to fit right in with the other posts here. :)

Alright, so...I tried it one last time today. I spun the dial around multiple times and then clicked it over to the "time" side. I am not going to be at my apartment for three days, so I figured i might as well give it one last go. When I did this, it started making a noise (like it was working). I set it to 14:45 or whatever, went downstairs, walked three blocks to my Jeep and rolled back around to pick up my brothers bags. I went upstairs and saw that the arrow was at 15, so I HOPE it is working as it should. If not, my light will be stuck on for three days and my frog is going to be insanely stressed. I really pray I wasn't imagining things and that the dial did indeed move.

Got in this morning and was happy to see the light off. Checked the timer and it shows the correct time. All is well.

I can actually hear the timer from across my room. The other one is so quiet. Hey, at least I know it's working!

This from the guy that used to complain constantly about how loud his filter was? haha

I suspect poor QA as well. There may have just been some imperfections on the dial or some junk that got into the mechanism. Spinning it around a bunch may have just broken that stuff up. I would still replace it first chance you get, as if that's the case all that particulate is still down in there (likely in pieces now) and will eventually work it's way into somewhere that prevents the rotation again.

Back
Top Bottom