Maxspect gyre users.....a question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adamski

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been using a gyre 130 on my RS900 for about 2 months. I always found it to be pretty noisy but powerful. I came home today and it's near silent and so much more powerful. I did have it running at 100% but it's now on about 60%. Has this happened to anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have the gyre 130 as well and at first it was loud but then i started to move it down a little further into the tank it got quieter. I use he alternating gyre mode at 50% each way.

Hoping mine quietens a little. Only been in my tank a couple days. All the reviews a read said how quiet it was. So far am not convinced. I am impressed with the amount of water it can move though

Its funny cuz my mp40 quiet drive is louder than the gyre.

Both are very quiet

Madstyle, how long is your tank? It's virtually silent now, I'm happy with this obviously but just a bit taken back!

About the same as mine. The reason I ask is that I've turned mine down considerably so want to see what someone with a similar tank ran theirs at

My mp10QD as well I thought was going to be quiet...have to have it at 50% or less to barely not hear anything. Still there's something....think these new pumps are not meant to be at 100% they rather have you bump up and spend more money to have a larger version of there pump

I'm sure they do, money makes the world go round in their world!

I used to be a big Ecotech guy. Not anymore, except the Radions. The pumps are very noisy and in all honesty, you need multiples for big tanks, to avoid dead spots, which equates to more money. I bought a gyre 150 and so far, couldn't be happier. It was quiet out of the box and moves much more water then the MP's and no dead spots.

So it turns out I put it in upside down! I woke up this morning to my sand being all over the place, lesson learnt. Incredible what a difference it made, it was like a cyclone in there! I looked a vortechs and didn't like them, plus the prices are just ridiculous

70% constant. I'm having to review what I do as it is performing differently. Upside down was insane how much it moved!

Back
Top Bottom