micro bubbles from protein skimmer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jslmk4

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi All, How do i stop all the micro bubbles from my ps from going into my tank? Its a Coraline 65g on a 46 gal tank that has been running about a month, 3 weeks with LR and 1 week with a four stripe damsel.

jslmk4 said:
Hi All, How do i stop all the micro bubbles from my ps from going into my tank? Its a Coraline 65g on a 46 gal tank that has been running about a month, 3 weeks with LR and 1 week with a four stripe damsel.

Not sure if this would help at all, just an idea that popped into my mind.

What about putting some kind of filter pad over the output tubes?

I already have a sponge over the output tube, my tank is still filled with bubbles. Thanks for the reply though. I'll keep at it.

Look at my mod. Some pvc pipe and a fluval pre filter sponge. Looks better and works. I have since switched to the reef octopus hob love that skimmer...

image-1490603027.jpg

image-1494320331.jpg

image-1709016250.jpg

Ok.....So from the pics it looks like you split the single output into a double output? Also your tube on the powerhead looks to be just that...tubing....mine has a flow valve on the intake tube, should it be open all the way? I got rid of the diffuser box as well and put a filter sponge on it...Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom