micro bubbles from sump return

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
i need help trying to figure out why my sump return is blowing micro bubbles into my tank not alot but its noticable i just set it up today if that matters

ok i slowed the bubbles down i think air was coming in from where the return line connects to the spout that returns the water back into the tank i pushed the tube all the way as far as it could go on the return spout but theres a small drip on it still how can i fix this drip? its pictured

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That could be it. Anytime you see bubbles that means air is getting in the system somewhere.

So the flexible tubing is leaking where it connects to the barbed fitting on the return line?
Remove the flex, heat it (hot water bath or hair dryer) to the point it is more pliable then quickly push the flex tube up the fitting as far as you can up the barbed fitting.
Check to make sure the barbed fitting isn't cracked first. If the flex is even halfway up the barbed fitting it should not be leaking.

So the flexible tubing is leaking where it connects to the barbed fitting on the return line?
Remove the flex, heat it (hot water bath or hair dryer) to the point it is more pliable then quickly push the flex tube up the fitting as far as you can up the barbed fitting.
Check to make sure the barbed fitting isn't cracked first. If the flex is even halfway up the barbed fitting it should not be leaking.

thanks for the suggestion i will try that right now

Back
Top Bottom