milwaukee sms122 help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

manbeast

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so I just picked up a co2 system off CL with the sms122 controller and I have some questions as it did not come with a manual, mainly the controller seems to be operating in reverse of what I expected. I thought it was supposed to turn on the co2 and let it flow until the ph came down to the set point and then turn it off to prevent ph crash. the one I have doesn't open the co2 valve until the ph gets to the low point and if I'm not mistaken adding co2 then further lowers your ph btw this is on a fw planted tank thanx in advance for your response and advice

I have heard that both versions of this controller exist. My SMS122 turns ON the outlet for my CO2 selenoid when it goes ABOVE my pH setpoint. It turns OFF when the pH reaches the setpoint.

Were you able to calibrate the unit btw? It could be just that the probe is bad, or it is way out of calibration.

Here is a link that shows there are in fact 2 models of the 122: SMS122 and SMS122RS
Milwaukee Controllers

A regular, and a reversed. However, if you bought it from a guy who was using it on a planted tank, not sure why he would have had a reversed.

You could still use it, but you would have to add additional logic (a relay I suppose) that reverses what the controller is doing. Kind of a pain, but not too bad if you have an electrical skills.

thanks for the link, I found a post on a reef forum that says you can send it back to Milwaukee and they'll switch it for you. so I guess the next step is contacting Milwaukee and finding out about cost

Back
Top Bottom