Mini-Canister

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karackle

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was perusing the internet looking for possible new lighting options for my 20g tank, and I came across this little filter Canister Filters: Rapids Mini Canister Filter at Drs. Foster and Smith and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them and whether they would recommend it? And especially whether it would be recommended over a regular HOB? Any information would be most welcome! Thanks!!! :)

I had a bad experience with those, but I think it was just limited to the one specifically I had. I couldn't get it to seal, so it just leaked water everywhere.

Anyway, that aside, I think for a 20g tank you'll want something slightly larger. I'd recommend an XP1 for a canister filter for a 20g tank.

Yeah, using the search function and seraching around the internet, it doesnt sound like they're a great product actually. The Zoomed 501 seems to be a little better, but possibly not for a 20g. I thought if it worked well and I could easily hang it on the side, it might be nice, but my HOB is fairly new, and i use the under tank area to store my tank supplies, no room for a real cannister down there.

Thanks for the thought though! :)

I had one, it arrived broken. The connecting piece of hard plastic near the intake hose. I asked for the replacement part and they sent me a whole new filter, which was great! Then the replacement broke in the same place, so I chucked both filters and got an Eheim 2213.

It was a very nice little filter when it was working-haven't seen another of similar capacity and design. If they could just fix that little problem....

Thanks for the input, i guess i'll go a different way sounds like that little problem could be...well....problematic :p

Back
Top Bottom