Mixing tank gone south?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seepu

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 50g mixing tank, well.. rubbermaid trashcan with a lid, and a powerhead to keep it moving. I did a pwc over the weekend, and the water tested perfect.... Today it has a musty odor. I noticed the smell after I put in a new ph, one that will pump the water to my tank (I had a smaller one in there, and I upgraded.

What would make this happen? Its a new ph, that I rinsed and ran in a bucket of sw before putting it in my mixing tank.

I don't run a heater in the tank, except for about 2 days prior to my pwc.

Somehow contaminated?

Was the rubbermaid trash can new when you started using it as a mixing tank? If not, that would be your problem. Make sure that anything you are using for your water (buckets, tubs, etc) are new. RO/DI water can leach out contaminates from these items, despite how well you have cleaned them.

LOL.. yes.. a NEW rubbermaid container.

I found the source of the stink... my teenager tossed out some chicken necks I feed the dog, and needless to say.. didnt make it in the trash can (the one that goes to the curb, not the mixing tank /wink)

Peeee-ewwwww

Back
Top Bottom