ML90770-00 Filter okay for 36 Gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaAngelfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've got a 36 gal freshwater tank and I've recently been thinking about upgrading my filter. Right now I'm using the Tetra Whisper IQ filter that was relatively cheap. I've had it for about a year, and it's starting to fail on me. With some research, I came across the ML90770-00, and the reviews seem promising and has good results. Although I know it is mainly used with larger tanks than mine, would it be appropriate for me to use it in my 36 gal?

Thanks for any input or other filter recommendations you may have!
:fish1:

Ive no experience of that particular filter, and on the face of it, it seems to be a little overpowered. Reading the manual i cant see if its possible to reduce the flow rate. Might be ok if you are stocking fish that like a high flow rate.

Have you been doing any filter maintenance? 1 year seems a very short period of time for a filter to start to fail.

I clean the filter every time I do a water change, and the filter is ok, just not working as well as it used to. I think I paid around 15 bucks since I saw it was cheaper than my other options, but now I can see why people prefer the higher quality ones. Do you possibly know of a filter that would be appropriate for the tank size? If not, no big deal, I'll keep looking!

Depends what kind of filter you want and i look for filters rated for double the aquarium size.

I like canister filters. So a Fluval 307 would go well on a 36 gallon.

An internal filter similar to what you are considering? Fluval U4.

We dont really use hang on back filters much here in UK so if you wanted something similar to your current filter i couldn't really recommend anything from personal experience.

Back
Top Bottom