moonlight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rmorgan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got my moonlights in. They are technically for a computer, which are cold cathode. I am wonder what type of DC power supply people have used that works best.
The specs for the lights are:
12V inverter
Output of inverter 680v
current draw 5.0mA
with a brightness of 28,000-30,000cd/m2

I just happen to have the following DC power supplys laying around and wondering if anyone can shed some light(no pun intended) on which one will work best before I go cutting them up.

1: Input 12V, Output 9V DC 300mA
2: Input 12V, Output 12V DC 200mA
3: Input 12V, Output 12V DC 1.25A

Does anyone know how or if any of these will work?

Are you sure the DC power supply specs are correct? Is the input really 12V, or is it supposed to read 120V?

I'm going to assume that the inputs are all 120V AC (plug into the wall, right?). Then I would choose #2.

Number two is exactly what I chose. The other options did not work, plus it made it too bright. I hooked up #2 and it is fine, but with only one bulb, I would like it just a tad dimmer but running the one bulb is not to bad. This is a 55 gal, and I dont know what I am going to do yet. Going to investigate a inline potentiometer or something to maybe allow me to dim a little more, but not much.

Back
Top Bottom