mounting the reflector

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got bait?

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Do I need some sort of heat resistant spacer between my reflector and wood canopy. I am going to be mounting (2) 250W MH and (2) 96W PC.
My canopy also has a thick gloss balck plastic laminant on the outside, will the heat cause the sealant to bubble and lift the laminant. I will have at least 2 4" fans in canopy as well.

If you have fans in the canopy pulling in cold air you should be fine. If you can find some small 1" standoffs then I would put them between your canopy and your reflectors so as to give an airspace for the air to flow between them.

I will have two of the Ice Cap 4" fans. Should the both be blowing in or out- or even one of each. The canopy sets down over the top of the tank. The back is open, but I was thinking of putting some cloth or something over the opening to stop the horrible reflection that will happen. I don't want to seal it off though, so there will be some are exchange through the opening and fans.

Back
Top Bottom