My 165W full spectrum LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frankie_Garcia

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am in need of some light questions?
They are the chinese Ebay LED's. I was wondering if anyone has really good success with these? if so, how long have yours lasted? and how long do y'all run them throughout the day?
I believe i need to lower my light period due to excess algae growth. 12 hours is too long i know! I have had these lights oner my tank for about 3 weeks now.

I have 120 watt ebay lights. I run mine blue 90% 7am-10pm white 40% 10 am to 7pm. Long light period with little to no algae growth in display. Algae shows you have an issue with nutrients not lighting. Cutting back lighting will only slow it's growth. You need to cut back on feeding and increase water changes and/or filtration.

Edit: oh and I have the blue white only. Not "full spectrum"

I just odered some a couple days ago they must be on the way. Maybe your old bulbs were finished and allowed algae to grow and when you added the leds, the algue just bloomed. Im scared of this to happen in my tank. I think if you lower the intensity and cut your lightning time to 6 hours it should go better. Did you have algae before you set up the leds or did you notice them after?

It's been a little more lately. It's like an orange diatom type algae. You won't regret the light fixture

I have 120 watt ebay lights. I run mine blue 90% 7am-10pm white 40% 10 am to 7pm. Long light period with little to no algae growth in display. Algae shows you have an issue with nutrients not lighting. Cutting back lighting will only slow it's growth. You need to cut back on feeding and increase water changes and/or filtration.

Edit: oh and I have the blue white only. Not "full spectrum"

I only feed 2 times a week, and unfortunately the LFS do not have good RO/DI water. And I perform water changes of 25% every 2 weeks

Do you have another lfs you can get rodi water from? Perhaps you need to invest in your rodi filter.

If the water going in has nitrates and phosphates then water changes won't help.

Do you have another lfs you can get rodi water from? Perhaps you need to invest in your rodi filter.

If the water going in has nitrates and phosphates then water changes won't help.

So it's probably my top off water that's providing those excess nutrients

Back
Top Bottom