My canister filter will only run upside down??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All this is why I run HOBs!!!
I will add one piece of advice for your canister I have not yet seen posted here ...
IMO they are no better then sumps improperly set up.. You will have a leak eventually....
Put it in a Tupperware or bucket to keep the leak damage down...

HOB’s were not for me. I love my canisters.
I second the suggestion that you keep it in a tub. Leaks happen. Usually when a o ring needs some lube or replaced. Always have a spare o ring on hand. I pinched mine when putting the head back on without realizing it.

Also I suggest you set a timer to check your canister after messing with it. I usually check it after it has been running a few minutes. And then again after a few hours. IMG_2518.jpg

Have to totally side with Coralbandit here, I just don't have the patience to deal with canisters and their issues, theres also the side issue of my MTS that costantly plugged the tubing the one time I tried them ?

I lost patience with the HOB’s. They would just quit running. Nothing clogged. Impeller clean. I’d tap it and it would start right up, after not running all day and everything gasping for air.

Been there, done that, thats why as well as 2 heaters all my tanks have 2 filters too

Does any one know a good way to clean hoses. Looks like I'll have to clean mine for the first time. When I turned back on the canister after cleaning it a lot of junk floated out of the hoses. Looks like crap I hate seeing algae I looks like inside the hoses.

Does any one know a good way to clean hoses. Looks like I'll have to clean mine for the first time. When I turned back on the canister after cleaning it a lot of junk floated out of the hoses. Looks like crap I hate seeing algae I looks like inside the hoses.
They have hose brushes/ pipe brushes that are only a few bucks.

I saw some did not know if they could get all the way down. Looks like I'm adding that to my shopping list for tonight. Petco close by so I can run and get them thanks

My husband has a flexible wire puller for wiring the house. I tied a clean rag to it pulled it through a few times and then rinsed it well.

Back
Top Bottom