My Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wetfishies

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does my filter look ok? & is it ok to leave it without a cover. if I can leave it without a cover is there anything I should try to avoid it being by? This is my first bio wheel filter too. does it look good or do I need to change it or anything,

Attachments

• filter1.jpg
    filter1.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 104
Hey man, you should be fine without a cover, for one of my penguins I used to not use a cover because it simply would not fit. If this is the case u are more than fine by not using one. Just be careful and watch to see if water splashes out

Sent from my fish tank

I am using a different filter for this one.which makes the lid not really fit to well & will over flow lol. It seems to me that the filters for this penguin does not do to good of a job, So I am using the kind that my old filter had. I like them since the cotton stuff is on both sides. :) Thanks for replying. Maybe another question if you can also help . Does it make a difference if I put the cartridge in the front or back? There is room for two of them But. if using only one, does it matter or is there a better preference back or front?

Does not matter which slot the cartridge is in.
If you put it in the second one (closer to the bio-wheel) then you can put an extra one in the first slot. You would treat this as a pre-filter and you can take it out and flush it with tap water and replace it periodically. This will help remove waste before it has a chance to breakdown and dissolve into the water. No need to worry about the keeping the BB active in the pre-filter because there is plenty in the bio-wheel and other cartridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom