My new Warner Marine MF 181 skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bavass

Aquarium Advice Addict
I put this in my sump Tuesday night as soon as I got home! Wow this is a beast compaired to my TurboFlotor T1000. This thing is silent. What you hear if you turn the volume up is a fan. Seems to be breaking in. I just whipped the skimmer cup out because I will be out of town for the weekend. It had begun to pull some skimmate. I wanted to start this so there was more info out there on this skimmer.

New skimmer warner marine mf 181 - YouTube

Skimmer is still going strong, now that I have my baffles in and it stays in 8" of water its finally been running a full week and has broken in nicely pulls lots of junk.

So i cleaned out my cup last night and when I did my water change tonight I decided to measure what I have collected in 12 hours and it was 5/8 of a cup. Sounds pretty good to me

since sunday when I cleaned the skimmer cup and did water change

skimmate-M.jpg

Wow, I saw these. Did you get one of the demo models?

Yes way bigger than I need on my 55g but they knocked $100 off. I was looking at the 121 and 161 but when Luke told me he had a MF 181 that ran for a little it as a demo and I could get it shipped for $315 immediatly asked him to send me the invoice. I love it! Been running for a little over a month and seems its still getting better and better.

I almost considered the 121 for my tank, then made an impulse frag buy and my wife said no more spending haha.

Looks like it's a nice skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom