Mysterious scratches on glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marconis

Aquarium Advice Addict
About two months ago, I noticed a weird line of scratches on the upper right corner of the inside glass. Then, today, I noticed a similar pattern on the front-end of the left wall, also on the inside of the glass. They were not there when I bought the tank (used). I can't feel anything when I rub my fingers along them. Is my glass cracking on the inside? What's the deal...

img_1540849_0_2b06a75ae5bda2c4fda9cf70710164ca.jpg

img_1540849_1_078edd53e58898b7cb85559cebd78bad.jpg

Hmmmm well theres aquarium glue (fish safe glue) you could use but idk were yould get it

Do you use a Magfloat or other items when cleaning the glass? The scratches follow a side to side motion it appears like the motion when scrubbing the inside.

Nope. That's why I thought a freakin' snail did it or something. (lol)

i've been in this hobby for a long time and have seen just about evrything. I have seen people selling used tanks and what they do is coat the inside and outside of the tank with vasoline to cover any scatches and buff the vasoline off. Tank looks brand new after that. The thing is the vasoline wears off and wala the scatches are back.(after the sale of course)

Interesting theory. However, is there a chance my glass is cracking from the inside?

Back
Top Bottom