Nano Cube HQI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Z_Pilot

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys, new to SW and just ordered a Nano Cube HQI today. Does anyone have one? If so, how do you like? Is there anything else I need to buy to go along with it? Any suggestions or advice would be great! Thanks in advance.

Do you have a link to the biocube so folks can take a peak and help you out?

Yep, set mine up about a week ago. Unless you keep your house really cool in the summer (like 70-72), you'll have to determine a way to keep temps down. Once it arrives you'll notice a vent on each side of the canopy. I'm running a fan on one side of the vent right now to see how much that helps. I'm also trying a rear sump fan. I keep my house a little warm (like 76-78...I know, I'm cheap) and my temps will get to 82+ by the evening with the halides running. The 4 fans it comes with move VERY little air. The Nanotuners upgrade might be in my future. I also bought their 36 watt actinic add-on for dusk/dawn lighting before firing up the halides and scaring everything to death...LOL.

I'm trying to avoid a chiller like the plague:D

Z-Pilot - where in GA? I'm just north of Atlanta. Sounds like you might be a car enthusiast also????

I live in Vinings. I am a car enthusiast, I have a Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo which is my favorite hobby. I think this is going to be my second. Alpharetta is not far away from me. Where do you buy your supplies?

I like Aquarium Showcase in Alpharetta and Pets Unlimited over in Marietta. Marine and Reef in Marietta is very cool but $$$.

Supra Twin Turbo here:D

Sweet, Supras are a great car. If I didint like the looks of the Z, thats what I would have. Do you know Jeremy Blackwell?

I've went to Atlantis on Roswell Rd. and they tried to sell me the Bio Cube line. Their shop was ok I'd just like to look at some other places also.

Never been to Atlantis. I think another great shop called Cappucino Bay bay might have closed. It was around there too, but the number appears to have been disconnected. I haven't talked to Jeremy in years, right after SpeedForSale started.

Anyways, back on topic:D Like I said, cooling may be a big concern for you. I'll let you know how my research goes.

Walking through Target I found these fans for $4 each. I bought 2 and they hang perfectly over the feeding door. Kept temps around 78 instead of low 80's with halides on today and upstairs thermostat set to 78:D Ugly yes......but cheap yes:cool: Heck, I even have a spare. I will build a better setup, but for the quick and easy it was a winner on the Nanocube

img_0309.jpg

Back
Top Bottom