Nano Reef Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davePM

Aquarium Advice Freak
Help! I'm trying to decide on the best lights to get for my tank as they are going to need replacing in a couple of months! Tank is an Interpet ( also sold as Kent) River Reef 94. It takes 2 t5 36w compact fluorescents. When I got the tank it came with 2x daylight blues ( 50/50 daylight/actinic) and 2x blue moon (actinic). It normally has the daylight blues in during the day, an I sometimes swap for the actinics at night if I want to show off what's in there without having to run the main lights.

I'm considering changing the daylight blues for a standard daylight type bulb and running one of those and one of the actinics so I can have the choice without swapping bulbs. Can anyone advise if that's a good idea? Or should I just stick to the 50/50's?

Other option would be to modify the lid for a proper LED setup, which I don't mind doing, but is the gain worth all the effort?

Thanks.

Dave.

What type of corals do you have or plan on having? If you are trying to keep it looking stock go with the LED.

Currently have GSP, Zoa, Xenia, and Candy Cane. Would like more coral ( or should I say the wife would like more coral!). I don't mind the look of the 50/50 lights, it just seems inflexible to have to have both the daylights and the actinics on together, so thought splitting it to a daylight bulb and an actinic bulb would save the constant bulb changing I have to do !
It does have a set of blue LED built into the hood, but they aren't great really!

Back
Top Bottom