Nat Geo Aqua Oasis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laird-and-Dad

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi! Recently my family got the NatGeo Aqua Oasis starter kit. I love the tank, but there are a few issues that I want to know if anyone else has experienced and if so, what have you done to fix them?

1. The lid comes over the top edge of the glass, causing an annoying drip that leaves a water mark. We end up having to use glass cleaner every couple hours.

2. This is the main issue. The LED strips on the top work great for the first day you have them, and the touch button is really easy to use. Then, the lights stop working very well, become really dim, and randomly turn on and off. The touch buttons become almost completely unresponsive.

3. The filter clogs very easily, and we have to rinse it way too often. The current it produces is very strong, although my fish seem to like it.

Any ideas about how to fix these issues, and any other suggestions about the tank?

I'll post a pic of my tank later.

Hi! Recently my family got the NatGeo Aqua Oasis starter kit. I love the tank, but there are a few issues that I want to know if anyone else has experienced and if so, what have you done to fix them?

1. The lid comes over the top edge of the glass, causing an annoying drip that leaves a water mark. We end up having to use glass cleaner every couple hours.

2. This is the main issue. The LED strips on the top work great for the first day you have them, and the touch button is really easy to use. Then, the lights stop working very well, become really dim, and randomly turn on and off. The touch buttons become almost completely unresponsive.

3. The filter clogs very easily, and we have to rinse it way too often. The current it produces is very strong, although my fish seem to like it.

Any ideas about how to fix these issues, and any other suggestions about the tank?

I'll post a pic of my tank later.
I would ditch the whole top and get a glass top for it, as for the light that seems like a issues you shoud check with the manufacture and see if you can get a new one. As for the filter what do you mean it clogs? You should change the filters on it once a month.

I've thought about a glass lid, but the problem is that the lid is a single piece that rests over the top of the glass, so there is no frame to rest a glass top on. Also, the glass is only slightly bowed, so it's an uncommon shape that I might have to get a custom made lid for. I like the lid as is; my main concerns are that the touch sensor switches for the built-in led don't work that well, and that the light sometimes seems to short out. Thank you though!

Also, this is the second lid I've had (the lights are built into the lid) and I had the same problems. Other people have said the same thing in reviews.

The filter stops pumping water every so often, because all the material that gets sucked up into the sponges blocks water intake. The filter is an internal system where water flows through the intake grill and passes through 2 pre-cut sponges, then a bag of carbon. So every two or so weeks, the filter stops pumping, so I will rinse off one of the filter elements in a bucket of tank water to get all the stuff out, and then I reinsert it into the filter.

Back
Top Bottom