Need a new FILTER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhemp34

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey,

I am all over the forum arent I...LOL...I need to get a new filter for my 125 currently i have a Magnum Canister but its only for a 60 or 75 and i have a HOB for a 30 gal. Running. These both came with tank and guy had been running same set up...I'm not a believer. There arent currently many fish in there and once i stock it needs to be STrong...i want to go with a canister because i know nothing about sumps...This will be a 6 ft long 125 gal, that will house Cichilids. What brand name is good...Will be buying new if i cant buy used.

Fluvial FX5 is what I have on my 125.
I'm a Fluvial kinda guy!

Fluval and Eheim are the best you can get imo... ive got a fluval 305, a fluval 405, and a chap hob on my 150, they keep the water in good shape. Plus you can usually find them on craigslist pretty cheap

Let me just add to the confusion. I have Rena Filstar XP3's and they are the best you can buy, and very easy to use.....Glad to help.....LOL

I've been toying with the Rena and Fluval thats because thats what i see at petsmart..lol...my mom and pop shop dealers are all running sumps and support that idea...i just dont know...I know the local craigslist have no listings for these canister filters..i been on there for 3 months searching...even stretched out 4 -5 hours away. no luck.....the thing with sites is that by time you pay shipping you're at the box store price...ya kno

I got my xp3 on petco.com for $139. When I buy stuff on line I google the name of the product followed by coupon. I.E. "rena coupon" or "petco coupon" you can find sites that will give you codes to input for free shipping or 10-15% off and things like that. When you check out at these sites there is a place to put in coupon codes and you just put them in and get the discount. Take your time and look around. There are deals to be had.

Got my Fluvial FX5 brand new on ebay for $159.00 shipped.

I got my xp3 on petco.com for $139. When I buy stuff on line I google the name of the product followed by coupon. I.E. "rena coupon" or "petco coupon" you can find sites that will give you codes to input for free shipping or 10-15% off and things like that. When you check out at these sites there is a place to put in coupon codes and you just put them in and get the discount. Take your time and look around. There are deals to be had.
wow spoon, thanks for that info... i had never thought of that one. ill definately use that in the future :)

Cool, good pick up, let us know how it performs. I've read a couple reviews on it and one that put the FX5 up against the Eheim 2080 and it performed admirably against the big E.

Who? I already have it...lol...
EHEIM:DJust in case you missed it.LOL. My Bad, How is it, one of the nit picky reviewers said it was a little loud and that the GPH was greatly reduced (almost by 1/2 the rating after the media and head height were added)?

Back
Top Bottom