Need a new heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mitche8359

Aquarium Advice Addict
How long is a good life for these things? Seems like I'm replacing them every other year. I have a 55g fresh water. Anyone have a recommendation for a heater? It's currently out and am not sure if I have time to order one online.

I like ebojager heaters. In the heater world the more you pay the better you are off usually. I have some heaters that have lasted 5+ years.

Check our product reviews area for ideas on heaters.

Gosh now that I say that I hope there are some heater reviews. While your there please review the heater your using now.

In the heater world the more you pay the better you are off usually.

Good point and true, in this hobbie if a store can sell you a heater that will only last 12 months they will, because they know they will get a repeat sale. A good retailer will sell you a good product that will last, unfortunatly they are normally the most expensive but it is worth the extra out lay.

ebo's arent that expensive. i got the 150 watt for 16.00$. keeps my 29 gallon almost always at 80 ive never seen it change since i changed heaters. :)

I like the Won Pro Heats. I have them on all my commercial tanks and haven't had the first problem. AFAIK, everyone who's bought them is happy with them.

i really like the marineland visitherms. that's what i have on my tanks and have never had any problems. very durable and very accurate. most people i know get the visitherm or the ebo. can't go wrong either way. the original heater i had on the 29gal was terrible, mostly b/c the thermostat and temp dial were simply aweful....unfortunately, i cant remember the brand.

loganj is right on!!!! Ebo Jaegers are great heaters but the Wons rock.

I've got Wons pro titanium II on most of my discus tanks and they allow me alot of flexibility. I can get the temp up to 94 if I need to medicate. A great feature is that you can adjust the temp setting from a controller connected to the plug..

I've got a friend in WI that's a distibutor for Won products. PM me if you want further info.

I saw the Won in the LFS. I didn't buy anything yesterday because I didn't like the price I saw for the Ebo and I didn't know what a good price was on the Won.I'm going to another Petland is a joke as far as the heaters they carry. I'm going to another LFS and see what they have. They'll have what I need, but I overpaid on my Ecco, A LOT. Could have saved $40 at Petland, which was closer as well. :(

Back
Top Bottom