Need a new sump, with tight restrictions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CEverii

Aquarium Advice Freak
So my new stand only has 9inches of width inside the stand =(. Unless i set my sump next to my tank, any suggestions on what i can use? I'm not very handy so building one is probably out of the question

Stand is same length as the tank, 48inches. Here is the pic of it:

img_1113430_0_2445657b74e2c2c4391593673fba69dc.jpg

Right now you can see my rubbermaid bin to the left of the tank with my sump in it.

Here is the inside. The middle support beams are causing some issues with width. There is only a 9inch clearance between them.

img_1113430_1_19151c2663dc8d45fdefeb9a73086fac.jpg

As far as money goes, I guess on how much you think its going to cost. Probably no more then $150/200 for maybe a 2-3 chamber custom made sump.

I dont have any tools at all that I could use to cut the acrylic. I'm sure it wouldnt be that hard. However now that i'm thinking about it, wouldnt I have to use 2 sumps, but connect them both? Unless the entire sump is 9inches long, I wont be able to squeeze it in there.

Edit: I think im better off just keeping my sump on the side. Lets say the dimensions of my sump would be 24x9x15 it would only be a 14gal sump.

you could use one sump, itd just take some work gettin it in there. you could do your sump 36 long 9 wide and 18 tall.. thatd be 25 gallons

have a look at my setup,i have 2 sumps because I couldn't make 1 compartment from 2,easily done.
sump 1,skimmer,bio balls,heater,return pump
sump 2 live sand and chaeto.

have a look at my setup,i have 2 sumps because I couldn't make 1 compartment from 2,easily done.
sump 1,skimmer,bio balls,heater,return pump
sump 2 live sand and chaeto.

you got any pics of it? i dont seem them in your profile

Back
Top Bottom