need a reliable heater!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua315

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone. I currently have a 28gal bowfront aquarium with a hydor theo 100w heater (supposed to be good for 14-26gal). The heater seems to have a wacky thermostat because even at it's lowest setting of 70F my tank is reading at 82F!! I'm heading to the store tomorrow to look for a new heater. Are there any brands that are known to keep a more constant temp?

I've been really happy with my aqueon pro series heaters. Petsmart carries them, and you can get them online as well. My thermostat is off a little, I had to lower it to 76 to get it to keep 78... but almost all heaters are off a little

ok I'll look for that one while I'm out. I know that all heaters are expected to be off a little but I think 12 degrees is a bit much. It looks like for the aqueon pro I'd need the 100w

I've also read some really good reviews on jager heaters so I'm probably gonna price compare.

+1 on the Aqueon Pro seires of heaters, they're compact, discrete black finish and work great in my tanks.

I have one jager and it's a good heater too, but it's glass and does stick out (looks wise) quite a bit.

I've also read some really good reviews on jager heaters so I'm probably gonna price compare.

When the Strealths went south quickly I swithed to Eheim Jäger and couldnt be more pleased. They look good and function flawless...best part they can be adjusted to have the perfect temp, if thermometer reads 78 so will the tank so more messing up and down to find the sweet spot. I'm using at least 1-3 in each tank.

Alright so i ended up getting an aqueon pro because the store near me didn't have jager heaters. Already though I can tell it's going to be more accurate than the last heater. My tank thermometer was reading at 82F when I came home and even though the old heater was set at 70F it was still on! I put in the new heater and set if for 76F to start and it's reading that there's no need to heat right now which is a good sign.

ETH External Heater, best on the market, hooks up to a canister filter.

Back
Top Bottom