Need advice on this skimmer... Is it enough???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IIHOOKII

Aquarium Advice Newbie
What skimmer?????

My Tank is at the beginning of a conversion. Its a 7x2x1.5 and has 2 small sumps.

The tank holds 455lt

with 2 sumps

one holding 106lt

the other 137lt

I was looking at a Deltec APF600 skimmer but have the chance of a V2 800 I know the V2 800 is not as good as the Deltic but for £50 its a steal... Would this V2 be enough for my tank???

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the V2 800 Do you have a site with information on it?

From what I just read about them people seem to have trouble getting them to skim. I don't know much of anything about them other then what I just read. I know that Deltec is one of the better skimmers on the market and is what I will be going to with my upgrade.

Last edited:
V2 SKIM 800 For aquariums up to 800 litres/180 UK Gallons with a recommended flow rate of approx. 2800l/hr

Aquatics Online: V2 Skim Protein Skimmers

Deltec apf 600 For aquaria up to 750 l , measurements: 28 x 21 x 60 cm, minimum cabinet height: ca. 64 cm, air output power: 400 Liter/Std., Power consumption: 28 Watt

aquaristic.net*-*Deltec skimmer APF600

I know the Deltec would be the best choice if i had the cash ready now but i have not got it yet, whereas the V2 800 I can get this weekend for £50 (2ndhand but in top con) Will the V2 be a big enough skimmer for my tank? :confused: Any help would be great, cheers people...

I think I would go ahead and get it since the price is good. You can always save up and get the deltec later on. From what I read it should be enough of a skimmer for your tank.

I'm not familiar with that V2 800, but it looks like the same design as the Coralife SuperSkimmer. Deltec skimmer are excellent. I don't think you can really compare those 2. How much is that in US dollars? :confused: Around $100 I think? If it comes with a pump it would probably hold you over until you get the Deltec.

Back
Top Bottom