Need advice on UV Sterilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I am in the market for a UV sterilizer for my system, but was overwhelmed with all the choices I found online and the different claims they make. I just want something simple I can splice into the output tube of my Fluval 404. Some of them talk like I will need to roll to the hardware store and buy pipes, blowtorch, kitchen sink, etc!

http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=22513&category_id=3929&pcid1=3247

I bought one for my 75 gal FW, I decided on the Coralife Turbotwist.
A powerhead and some tubing is all you need or you can install inline with your filter, mine is hooked up to a powerhead and does double duty with its outflow powering my spraybars which help drive the bio-wheels I modified my AC500's with.
I'm going to get another UV sterilizer to split between my Betta tanks and quarantine tank.

I agree the coralife turbo twist is a great unit that also has a good warranty from a good manufacturer!

I mean, it won't hurt anything, will it?

Nope, UV sterilizers are like filtration IMO, you can't over do it.
The only thing that it'll hurt are free-floating nasties, I've heard some folks turn them off while medicating or re-starting a cycle after meds, other than that operate it continuously and say bye bye to those nasty unwanted micro-organisms.

I never heard of anyone using a UV sterilizer for freshwater ... does it really help all that much?

Back
Top Bottom