Need Advice (Plumbing)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wwidener

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I'm struggling with what to do about this situation. What do you think?

My 1" drains are on the medial side of the tank and the 3/4" returns are on the lateral side. This creates a problem when using return jets because they are facing the side of the tank causing, a dead spot in the middle of the tank, as you can see in the photos. The holes are pre-drilled through the glass so I cannot reverse their positions. All I can think of doing is putting one jet around the side and front of the tank and another across the overflow baffles and into the center of the tank.

Thoughts?

20180221_040133.jpg20180221_040219.jpg

Just buy more lock line and aim the flow where you want.
I have mine [same as yours] with a splitter [like you] and then several links to one that points down and the other that points towards center of tank along the surface..
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...oc-line.html&usg=AOvVaw2SsSI-DR2tRjcEdy7qWXE5
Just make sure you get the right size.(y)
Keep at least one line from each return near surface so if power cuts out it can't syphon back too much water into sump.

Yeah, I was thinking about buying more loc line but it's so expensive per knuckle. I think I may pay a little more and pick up a couple of power heads. I'm feeling like their added benefits may be worth the extra cost.

I just bought a tank exactly like this. Run the return up and tee it off so you have lock line on both side and center.

Back
Top Bottom