Need good air line suction cups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joe_D

Aquarium Advice Freak
These are clear suction cups for the airline for an air stone that secures the air line in the tank.... in the water

The ones I have only. last a week when used in the tank water.
Why do they only last week when used in water?
I remember years ago when this was not the case.

Are there better ones still available?

I like the airline host suction cups that Aquarium Co-op sells. The material they make their out of holds up much better than anything else I've used before.

Thanks for the reply.
Actually, I just discovered that I can rejuvenate the cups by placing them in very hot water

In case that does not work out out as expected, I will keep Aquarium Co-op in mind.

BTW, just what are they making them out of these days ? These garbage airline suction cups will not even hold an airline

My last tanks were about 20 years ago and the cups back then were so much better and they lasted a long time .

As it tuns out, even trying to rejuvenate them only makes them somewhat usable again but certainly not like new again

BTW..Aquarium Co-op no longer even sells them

I recently got some black " Aquaneat" cups and they seem to be what I am looking for.
They hold the air line securely.
Their suction also seems to last.

The black plastic also blends in nicely with my black background and black airline. :)

That is good to hear. When I popped in here originally, I was hoping for a good answer.

The black option is really nice. One of my tanks has a permanent black back panel, and that will be very useful.

Maybe report back over time and report if they stay pliable or get hardened. I know many of my airline tubing gets hard over time. Silicone type seems to stay softer.

The ones that come with what ever I buy never last.ive gotten some good ones from eBay or Amazon..

Back
Top Bottom