Need help buying bulkhead for reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

severum mama

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, HN1 and I need help choosing a bulkhead for a 50 gallon tank that I had drilled. It's been so long since I got it drilled that I forgot what I need to buy.:oops: The tank is 36"x18"x18" and has one hole drilled in the back for the drain (the return will be plumbed over the top of the tank). The diameter of the hole is 2.5". Also, we have a Mag 7 return pump. Will this be powerful enough for the return, given the size of the drain?

Thanks for reading. :)

The mag 7 should work just fine, a 45mm hole would had work better and saved you some money IMO. I don't know if they make a 3" bulkhead to fit? Someone can chime on this.

So none of them fit... ok, now what do I do? :(

A little more background info here: I bought the tank and had it drilled when I worked for a LFS, and went with the diameter that my boss recommended. It was a long time ago. I know it sounds dumb that I don't know what to buy but I have zero experience with fittings and plumbing. None of the nanos I have kept involved a sump.

Back
Top Bottom