need help finding new tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DSM33

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am looking to get a new tank. I currently have a 46 bow front and want to get at least a 55-60 gallon tank. I want to upgrade to a canister filter so I would like to find a tank that is already ported. I plan to keep it fresh water. Any advice where I can find a good deal on somthing like that?

What do you mean by ported? Canisters dont require a special tank. Are you meaning drilled? Thats only necessary for a sump, and would be more of a hassle if you're not running a sump. You're going to get your best deal local. Shipping will kill you on a tank. Do you have a petco around? They periodically have sales for $1 a gallon on their tanks (there's a size limit though). Petsmart doesn't have bad priced tanks either. Craigslist is always the best choice IMHO. I've made several good deals on there. I got my 150g complete setup with 2 canisters, lights, stand, heater, and a bunch of accessories for $225.

Honestly I don't know a lot about running a canister filter. I did know that the tank didn't need to be drilled but I have seen a few that were drilled and I like the look. That may be a dumb reason but are there issues the drilled tanks that make them a hassle?

Back
Top Bottom