Need help with coralife fixture - fan not working?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catmel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello again :)

I have the coralife aqualight pro 48"

I decided to turn on my MH lights ( usually off) and keep them on for a while and noticed it doesnt seem that any of the fans are on/working. I dont have everything hooked up - i only have one of the mh's on ( cant remember if theres a different plug for the fans?) but I remember when I tested the lights when I got them the fan came on when the MH's came on - even if just one mh was on. Are the fans broken do you think? Need some insight here

thanks!

I don't have a coralife MH fixture, but on my coralife PC fixture the fans are temp controlled, so they'll only come on as it warms up.

Interesting. Though it seemed before, when I turned on my MH's the fan came on immediately.. I left them on for about 20 mins yesterday, the top was almost hot and the fans were not on. I'm not sure why they would not be turning on.. I haven't done anything to the fixture. I've taken it off to readjust a leg, but thats about it.. any more insight?

The next step would be to remove the fans and make sure they're connected properly. May be a broken solder joint or something simple.

Back
Top Bottom