Need oppinions on this filter.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used simple under gravel filters with air stones and a power filter hanging off the back in a 25 gallon.
(maybe I am dating myself, compared to all the sophisticated setups on this forum!)

Then I moved to a 55 gallon tank using an UGF with power heads and a canister filter. I also moved the power filter over and used that when I retired the 25 g tank. The 55g ran all three filtration systems just fine. Flow was not too strong either.

The canister you are considering looks like a nice deal to me. My canister in the setup I mentioned above was an older "Magnum" unit of about the same size and power, I think.

Do you think this would be better or worse than the fluval c4? Both have exactly the same flow rate.

After trying many different filters back in the old days, my favorite filter (other than a sump) is the marineland emperor series. I have a 20 gallon tank with the emperor 400 on it and I love it. Love the bio wheels, 2 large filter cartridges, 2 large baskets and high flow rate. And last weekend at petsmart they had them for $51.99. You can never have to much filtration.

C4 is wet and dry + the contact surfce of the foam is bigger than other clip filter!

The best non canister to me! Wet and dry is 10 times more efficient for nitrification!

MonsterfishGuy said:
C4 is wet and dry + the contact surfce of the foam is bigger than other clip filter!

The best non canister to me! Wet and dry is 10 times more efficient for nitrification!

The bio wheel is a very efficient wet dry biological filter, with a massive surface area for bacteria. The bio wheel always has air / oxygen by design, and is so simple too.

deepseadan said:
After trying many different filters back in the old days, my favorite filter (other than a sump) is the marineland emperor series. I have a 20 gallon tank with the emperor 400 on it and I love it. Love the bio wheels, 2 large filter cartridges, 2 large baskets and high flow rate. And last weekend at petsmart they had them for $51.99. You can never have to much filtration.

I am only interested in filters that let me use whatever media I want.

Then lets go with U4 as you put the bio max you want, you have foam, foam-polywool duo, room for peat or carbon or more biomax or what you want an its easy ti clean as its a clip one!!

I dont force anyone to like it!! And i'm not looking for a new filter so i dont need advice on other filter!!

Its just my opinion!

Im sticking with the aquatop cf 300. It has 3 (9.75 inch by 9.75) media trays that are two inches tall, so I will have a ton of room for bio media for less than half the price of a fluval. :)

MonsterfishGuy said:
Then lets go with U4 as you put the bio max you want, you have foam, foam-polywool duo, room for peat or carbon or more biomax or what you want an its easy ti clean as its a clip one!!

I dont force anyone to like it!! And i'm not looking for a new filter so i dont need advice on other filter!!

Its just my opinion!

I think you are thinking of the u4, not the c4. they are two different filters. The c4 is alot like an aquaclear, and the u4 is an underwater one.

Back
Top Bottom