Need pump HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toronto scarz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. Please help me. What pump will work for me? I'm in the middle of building my 224 gal Acrylic. I'm putting sump downstairs in future fish room. My 224 display tank will be upstairs. I will have 24 ft of horizontal pipe, 14 ft of vertical pipe and Five 90 degrees elbows. I plan on using 1.5" pipe.* Tank needs less than 1200 gph. Any suggestions? Some say that Submersible are no good in my situation. Should be external pump?

Most in line are submersible too, so I think either way it's the same. The only think I'd research is if I wanted say, 500gph flow in my tank, what size pump has 500gph (I'm just using a round number here, not talking real numbers) at your height. Most, as you know, rate at zero head, or no lift. That diameter pipe and that much lift are going to really kill the gph flow at the tank

I was planning this one

-jabao DCS-7000 Submersible pump with controller,* 1350-1849 GPH
I'm not sure

Yeah, at max that might push it up the pipe. I personally like a 4-5x tank turnover in the filter. Some of my big cichlid tanks I have upwards of 10x. I think you'd have better results running 1" outlet pipes

One website says that pump will max out lifting at 4.5 meters. That's 14.9'. So by the time it gets to your tank it's prob gonna be flowing at about 1-300 gph (just guesstimate)

Back
Top Bottom