need replacement tubing for python

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nam69

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Tried to order this from my fish guy but he told me it only comes on 20 foot lengths and I need 50 ft, Does anyone have a link for me to find this tubing. I tried searching our site but nothing came up. I went to Lowes but the tubing is too soft and flattens out restricting flow

I would just use an RV water hose (for drinking water). That should be stiff enough. <There are also extra stiff double thick vinyl hoses at my local HD if you want to check that.> I got a 25' one at Walmart for $6 or so. There are longer ones as well, but since these have standard couplings at each end, you can join as many as needed to make any length you want.

My filler is a DIY version so I don't have a python to check, but I remember peole saying that this will fit the "real" python. <The RV hoses are usu 5/8" ID, although you can get 3/4"ID; but you should be able to connect the python using the standard garden hose couplings?>

you can get the tube at home depot or lowes or pretty much any hardware store like jsoong said.

Back
Top Bottom