Need some help completing my Saltwater tank on a budget. Pictures-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think buying a book about saltwater tanks or doing ALOT of reading online would benefit you. You can't just throw an anemone in the tank and it live. Its not a plant...its living. They need much more than regular fluorescent lighting. And good lighting isn't cheap. Definitely figure out what type of anemone you have and do some reading on it.

Please research before you buy fish as well.

There really isn't a way around spending a good bit of money on a saltwater tank...especially when you get into corals and anemones. ;)

(Not calling you a dummy but this is what I started with) Saltwater Aquariums for Dummies - Good book and very informational. Also, AquariumAdvice.com is listed in the references =)

This guy just offered to sell me the light system i posted for $30. So you guys think it won't be enough to support an anenome in a 75 with the other lights as well?

What about a 36" coral life 96w? Would that be eough for half the tank? Spending over 300 cash on a light is not in my future.;)

You'll be spending more if you buy cheap lights now and have no success and keep trying to slowly upgrade one light at a time, start off with the best and save in the long run. (completely from experience)

For $100 you can get Odyssea 48" 4x54 t5ho, they work good but you get what you pay for. You can only buy bulbs from odyssea due to slight size difference and you have to have a secondary cooling fan.

Back
Top Bottom