Need some skimmer advice quick!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish4brains

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone,
I accidentally busted the side of my countercurrent skimmer last night. I don't thing it is salvageable. I have a 150g that has three tangs, a mandarin, an antheus and a maroon clown currently. Right now my coral population is low. While currently this isn't to huge a bioload,I do anticipate ramping up my corals.

Can anyone recommend a very good skimmer for $500 or less. Obviously less is better ;) I need to decide soon, as I would like to order tomorrow so I can get back skimming ASAP. Right now I am looking at the Euro-reef ES250 and the Octopus (I believe it is a 250 also). Thanks in advance.
J

I have the Euroreef CS series - EXTREMELY happy with this skimmer. Sits in the sump and removes a ton of skimmate. Just my opinion, look into the Euro-Reef. HTH

The Octopus skimmers have been getting great reviews. Good performance and good price. The DNW 200 recirculating skimmer would be a good choice for your 150 IMO.

Thanks too everyone. After much researching and forum/web-browsing, I went with the ASM G-3. It is described as a "sister" skimmer to the Euro-reef's. For the money and also the quick shipping time (kudos to Premium Aquatics for giving me even better shipping for cheaper than what I had picked out), I think it is the best choice for now.

I appreciate everyone's feedback. Also, if anyone has one of these, any tuning tips are appreciated.
J

Back
Top Bottom