need to find skimmer for 6 gal... help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deitta

Aquarium Advice Activist
I haven't been able to find a skimmer designed for a micro reef tank. I know on FW tanks you can always buy a filter designed for a larger tank and reduce the flow to compensate for the size. But does the same hold true for skimmers? Can I purchase the smallest skimmer I find and reduce it somehow to not remove too many of the nutrients? Is that even possible? Naughty of me, but originally I was told I can't have a skimmer and will just need to do more water changes... but I don't like being told I can't do something... It makes me more determined to find a way, tehee. :twisted:
I want the best for my tank that I can arrange for. No space for a bigger tank... yet :twisted: and money is really tight :cry:, but if there was a way I could add a HOB skimmer than I can wait to get any purchased live critters.
Also heat is a concern for me, how does a HOB skimmer affect temp?

What are the dimensions of the tank? A skilter or prizm may work. I think a skilter (which has filtration built in) might work with your tank. But mind you skilters a little noisier and aren't 300$ skimmers (so don't work as well) but should be find for a 6 gallon...

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom