need to lift my tank to level it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elke

Aquarium Advice Regular
set my 90g sw up been a year now it was level when set up but about a yr later it has settled into the carpet causeing it to lean back now i can't get it straight have no idea how to lift this monster :lol: all ideas would be greaat i dont like looking at my tank on a slant i have to put my water level up to the very top of the tank in the back just to hit just below the black top in the front...

I would like suggestions on this as well, as my 110 leans to the right -- my overflow is in the back left corner and it is leaning about a cm to the front right corner. Hasn't been an issue.... yet. ;)

well mine became a problem cuz i mounted my ballast onto the back of my top i made and now i have troubles getting my top of cuz i digs into the wall

I have the same problem with my 90 gallon, I have no floor inside my stand and i was thinking of maybe trying to use a car jack to try to jack it up and slide a thin piece of wood under the legs. I havent attemped it yet but if i do ill let you know how it went.

Don't try doing it while its full of water, odds are bad things will happen. Buy a couple cheap garbage cans, drain it out and then shim it.

i thought about the idea of a jack but when it came into mind that a jack is going to put pressure in one spot i thought of my tank going pop and 90g of water and 200lbs of lr on my living room floor don't go with me as for draining it how long can i leave my lr in air before major die off....i dont want to go threw a tank cycle again now that it is full of fish

Theres a similar thread on this.
Try a moving trolley if u can get one.
it will transfer the weight over a larger area/length. so you can pick it up in the middle.

a moving dolly would work if you could get it under the stand the problem is that it sunk into the carpet about a inch so i need to raise the stand alil to get one under there

Back
Top Bottom