New aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paintslinger78

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently won a Snap on tools aquarium and need some help with set up. I am having trouble figuring out what filter media to use. The tank has theee chambers in the back. One sealed for the air pump, a center chamber were the tank water enters and the heater is and a chamber with a water pump. I attached a couple pics. And help would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_0377.jpg
    IMG_0377.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0378.jpg
    IMG_0378.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0379.jpg
    IMG_0379.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 61
Welcome to the community!

That is pretty darned exciting. Never knew there was such a promotional item from them. Seems like a unique and special promo!

Have you kept fish before /within the last "recent" period of time? Are you familiar with the Nitrification cycle/ cycling a tank, and what beneficial bacteria (aka BB) do for the system? If you need info about that or a referesher, there is a link in my signature for getting started with a new tank.

Do the instructions provide you with a size/gallons or liters?

There are a few options and what is available where you are. A sponge chunk which would be like a replacement part in the store just which size would fit, or cut to fit ( you could get a larger one and cut in smaller size to double the value), may come in blue, white, grey/black.

Ceramic rings look like this, there are different brands, but I would stick to brand name types.
Cobalt Aquatics Biological Filter Media: Biological Filter Media for Ponds and Water Gardens

They would be able to slide into the larger space, in the middle I think it was.

It is a very unique tank. It is 11.50 gallons. I'm fairly new to the hobby but I do have another ten gallon tank. I have the water cycles no down but n d help with the filtration.
The tank heater is also located in the center chamber. Where should I put the rings and spong and in what order? I have to watch how much I restrict the water movement or the pump chamber will run dry. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom