new canister filter help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

o.jonathan.o

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone know about the marinland magnum 350 canister filter. I need one but need to know if its good or not

I'll never own another one:nono: They filter the water fairly well, but are a pain in the keester to service and get going again:banghead:

foster53 said:
I'll never own another one:nono: They filter the water fairly well, but are a pain in the keester to service and get going again:banghead:

Which one are you talking about

Which one are you talking about

The Marineland Magnum 350. I like alot of Marineland products, and use several of them. The Marineland HOT filter is terrific, I have several in my fishroom that I use. Very easy to service, and work great. They make a great water polishing filter;)

You dont think the hot filter is too little filtration for a 40g aquarium

I've had one. Great for polishing the water, not so much as a filter. To me there are better canisters out there. You can't customize media as well in the mag 350 as you can in most canister.

The Magnum 350 has basically the same media container that the HOT has just a little larger. The way I use my HOT's is with the bio wheel attachment. Gives you a little more bio area. If you want a filter that gives you more options for media, then a regular canister is your best bet. The opinion on the Magnum was just my personal opinion based on my experience with them. I personally use Rena Filstar 3's for my bigger canister type filters and I really like them. 3 media baskets, easy to service and restart, all around great filter. Once again just my opinion. Give the Rena a check out and see what you think. As mentioned the HOT is a great water polishing filter, and I feel it makes a good continual use filter.

Well my budget is low for a filter for 3 weeks. I have a DIY filter with a lifeguard pump on it. Its rated at 296gph but it is making a horrible noise now

Back
Top Bottom